If you could see the traffic here you'd be impressed...there are no crosswalks anywhere...you just have to wait for a small break in the vehicles and literally sprint across the road. Granted, I did it on a friday morning when most people were at Mosque, but it was still twice as bad as Douglas Street in rush hour. Baby steps, right!?
I finally got the internet working in my room so here are some pictures. I haven't really been anywhere too exciting
yet, but there is a shot from my balcony looking out over the nile. The tall gold coloured building is where I'll be working...the two towers are already complete and house offices and a luxury mall, the shorter structure in the middle with the cranes on it is the hotel and in still under construction. The other cityscape is a poorer area behind the hotel. We also have a few interesting items from the refreshment center (aka minibar)..."Borio" cookies, and my new favourite flavour of Lays...Mushroom & Cream....YUM :P The sticker with the arrow is a sign found in all hotel rooms showing the direction of Mecca (Muslims must pray facing Mecca) and the bird, I saw yesterday when I was reading by the pool (in jeans and a sweatshirt...it's still only about 15C here!) Okay that's all for tonight, hope you're all well!
C
2 comments:
mushroom chips? now I've seen everything. Wait a minute, I thought you hated mushrooms! haha
What's up with pic #2, the arrow on the table?
oops never mind, I see now what that pic is about. I read that wrong. That's what too much cold medication can do to a girl :)
Post a Comment