So, (I've noticed that I start almost every post with "So,..."). Anyway, I told you a few days ago that I had a bunch of vaccines last weekend, and I'm just finishing up the typhoid one this week...you have to take one pill every other day for a week, and you take it first thing in the morning and you can't eat for a WHOLE HOUR afterwards....which is really hard when you haven't eaten for the 8ish hours beforehand because you were sleeping!!! I am STARVING right now, so I thought I'd write a post to distract myself from the fact that I still have 26 minutes before I can eat!!!!
So, yesterday was my mum's birthday....(what was it mum? your 39th or so?!) ....and she insisted on celebrating by having a going away party for me! It was great to have so many people there to say good bye... neighbours, family friends, friends from school and the pool and two of Michael's ex girlfriends (in the same room at the same time) and it wasn't awkward at all (not that I was worried, really.....)! It was nice to have a little distraction from all the stuff I have to do this week. Yesterday I finally finished everything at work and just have to meet with Dan on monday to pass everything on, so now I'm officially in tasmanian-devil mode trying to sort out my personal stuff. It's going okay, but the main obstacle right now is that I STILL don't have my visa and passport back- the embassy insists money order that the immigration lawyers sent is from a US bank and they can't accept it, but the lawyers insist that it's drawn from a canadian one.... anyway it's only $112... I am just going to send one of my own on monday but even if I fedex the cheque and they fedex the passport back, I still probably won't have it till next weekend.....oh well, it just gives me more time to do everything else!
In other news........... after a chat with my new coach, Jasper, I have a shopping list of tri equipment that I have to get before I go as well. Since cycling is my weakest leg, I am really excited that training indoors will allow me to use two tools that will really help me improve...a windtrainer (or "trainer") and a set of rollers... the trainer holds your bike in place and puts resistance on the back wheel while you pedal, and the rollers are essentially a treadmill for your bike, and you have to make sure you're riding really straight and have good form, otherwise it doesn't work.... I've heard they are a little difficult to get the hang of initially.... actually I think Jasper said to make sure there was soft stuff to land on around the bike the first few times you try. Here's a couple of videos I found on youtube...one of what I will likely look like, and one of what I hope to look like after a few months/years.... ;) Okay, it's almost time to eat now!!!
2 comments:
Hey! I'm glad the party was a success! I know you're super busy, but are you going to be able to walk dogs on Thursday? I'd like to take you out for sushi or something as a good-bye supper afterwards. Let me know!
Slightly insulted that I am only referred to as "one of Michael's ex-girlfriends"...
But I gues technically that is what I am.
Post a Comment