Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Happy New Year!!!

So, in the last few days, I've discovered that people (besides my parents) are actually reading this blog!! Suddenly I have "a readership"! I now feel a little pressure to make my posts really interesting and informative....which my life sometimes isn't.... then again, I guess you're all reading this to get a Cat update, whatever that entails, but nevertheless, I apologize in advance if it gets a bit boring at times....maybe I'll throw some use-ful/less trivia in once in a while so, if nothing else, you might learn something!
So..... it's 2008 now....the Year of the Rat - the 'Earth Rat' to be more specific (useful fact!) and the year of the Summer Olympics in Beijing! My cold/flu/cholera/polio was pretty bad on NYE morning so I wasn't sure if I'd be able to do anything in the evening, but I left work early and slept most of the day and woke up at about 5:30 feeling relatively normal. Greg and I had planned to spend NYE together, but between us we had tentative plans to be at 4 different events (yes, it IS tiring being this popular!), the first was a quick stop at my parents' annual NYE 'gala' to say goodbye to some family friends who I might not see before I go, then we were off to Sean's 50th annual NYE party (maybe that's exaggerating a little, but except for 2001, when I was living in whistler, I have been to Sean's party every year since about '98....), it was nice to catch up with some good friends that live too far away for regular visits. After a few hours there, it was off to Greg's ex-roommates' party...it was nice to see Emily and Aaron again, as well as Mike, who was very entertaining with his card tricks and uncomfortable questions.

I hope you all had a great New Year's eve and that 2008 is shaping up to be your best year yet!

No comments: