The last few days have been a whirlwind- lots of errands, but lots of fun stuff too. It's also been a week of "lasts"...last swim practice, last brunch at Floyd's, last apricot delight roll at Cobb's, last coffee with Jen, Jake and Jude, (first and) last games night at Craig and Karen's, last run on Dallas Rd etc..... Over the last few days I've been making a pile of all the things I want to bring with me, and I was trying to figure out what to pack that would remind me of home-- I had set out a few pictures and a book on Southern Vancouver Island, but yesterday Nicky & Jen gave me the perfect items to bring- a framed picture of our group of friends, taken on self-timer when everyone was home over the holidays (complete with a serious pose and the "blue steel" version) and the most amazing scrapbook with tons of pictures from the last few years (accented by Nicky's witty commentary). I LOVE them both. It is going to be really hard to leave my friends, but at least now I'll feel like they're a little closer! Thanks SO much guys!!!!!
Wednesday, January 16, 2008
Friday might be the day!
The last few days have been a whirlwind- lots of errands, but lots of fun stuff too. It's also been a week of "lasts"...last swim practice, last brunch at Floyd's, last apricot delight roll at Cobb's, last coffee with Jen, Jake and Jude, (first and) last games night at Craig and Karen's, last run on Dallas Rd etc..... Over the last few days I've been making a pile of all the things I want to bring with me, and I was trying to figure out what to pack that would remind me of home-- I had set out a few pictures and a book on Southern Vancouver Island, but yesterday Nicky & Jen gave me the perfect items to bring- a framed picture of our group of friends, taken on self-timer when everyone was home over the holidays (complete with a serious pose and the "blue steel" version) and the most amazing scrapbook with tons of pictures from the last few years (accented by Nicky's witty commentary). I LOVE them both. It is going to be really hard to leave my friends, but at least now I'll feel like they're a little closer! Thanks SO much guys!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment