Not much to report. Cairo is still freezing....around 7C and rainy, which makes traffic really bad- the city can't cope with water at all- it pools on the side of the road and city workers try to sweep it (with brooms!!) to an area that has enough soil to absorb it or into the river....not very effective, as you can imagine. Despite the weather, things are going pretty well. My co-workers are really great and it's been fun getting to know them- we are a very international team- between 10 of us, we represent Egypt, Canada, England, Lebanon, Belgium/Luxembourg (the same person!) and the Phillipines.
The apartment hunt continues...I now have a broker helping me-- he seems a little more legit than the tracksuit/upper egypt team from last week- he wears a suit, plus he is from an firm I know from home, so I feel a little more confident in his abilities. The places I've seen recently are a small improvement, but still nothing I actually want to live in. I'm going again today though, so I'm crossing my fingers.
Okay gotta go, miss you all!
C
No comments:
Post a Comment