So, I forgot to mention one important detail in yesterday's post-- it is raining here...it is actually the exact same weather as when I left Victoria. The main difference is that Victorians are used to rain....Caironians(?)/Cairoites(?) are NOT!! Yesterday the main highway was closed because of the rain, and today all my coworkers were complaining about how cold it was (it's about 10C)- it was pretty cute! At one point some of my new co-workers took me to the construction site, which has no windows and they stared in disbelief when they learned I didn't bring a jacket with me today- the guys chivalrously tried to force me to wear theirs..I just told them not to worry because I was from Canada...they seemed impressed.
Anyway, apart from that, my first day was pretty good- our offices aren't quite finished yet, so we are sharing some space in the neighbouring tower... today I worked squished with 5 other people in a tiny office-- the wireless internet came and went throughout the day, but all in all it was pretty good. I got a better sense of the concepts of the restaurants, and saw some "mood boards" for some of the decor for the outlets and rooms-- it's going to be pretty spectacular when it's all done.
People are eying me again to get off the computer so I will sign off here and hit the gym.
*****
It's a few hours later and I'm back from the gym...when I got off the computer earlier I apologized to a guy who seemed to be waiting that I had taken so long....he told me not to worry and that he was NOT planning to use the computer and advised me to go and change all my passwords because it was more than likely that someone had implanted tracking software on this SHARED computer...he was about 300lbs and his accent sounded like he was from somewhere in the south.... I am quite confident he is a Hukabee supporter....anyway, I thanked him his advice but made some joke about how big brother was probably not interested in my boring emails. Nevertheless, if someone steals my identity, I suppose I was warned!!
After my chat with Mr Paranoid I headed for the gym and went on the treadmill for 24 minutes (those of you who remember the the treadmill incident of '98, know what a breakthrough this is for me)!! After that, I did some weights...really light ones just like Jazz said, but I can already tell that I'm going to be sore tomorrow.... okay I'm really going now....
I miss you all!
C
1 comment:
My dad tells me that people from Cairo are called Cairenes...I think he might be making it up....
Post a Comment