Sunday, December 30, 2007

I think I might be dying....but not of cholera.....or polio.

So, the sore throat that I had last week has turned into something worse...an achy, hot, flu-y kind of thing. I had lots planned for this weekend but haven't really had the energy to do much at all, so I've mostly been trying to stay warm and reading a book that Nicky lent me called the Boleyn Inheritance; it's told from the perspective of two of Henry VIII's lesser known wives (Anne of Cleves and Katherine Howard) as well as Jane Boleyn (Anne's sister in law) and is pretty good. Henry was a jerk though.

Apart from feeling sorry for myself, I went to the travel clinic to find out what vaccinations I should get. There are A LOT of really nasty things out there, but apparently I am only at risk of getting about half of them in egypt (sort of made me think twice about going...)! Although it is pretty much unheard of here, polio still exists there so I got an injection for that, and left with the oral vaccines for typhoid and cholera . The typhoid one is a series of pills but the cholera one is a disgusting mixture of water, the vaccine and this gross effervescent raspberry powder which I think is supposed to make it taste good....it didn't work! I also found this video on youtube. Michael is always talking about the flight of the Conchords. It's pretty stupid, but funny. Okay, back to bed....

No comments: