I think I've eaten more this week than I have the previous two months. Seriously.
But yesterday, at practice John, my fabulous swim coach, asked me if I'd been running a lot lately, because I was looking so muscular!!! I said "um no...I think it's fat actually" but he said that I was looking stronger in the pool. I also got asked for ID today (two pieces!!!!) at a restaurant, so maybe this new "exercise plan" is working! ha ha, bring on the crab dip!
Despite being forced to eat so much, and sometimes trying to fit in two events in one night, this week has been great- a lot of friends are here from out of town so it's been really fun catching up with them, especially since it'll be a while before I see many of them again (due to the whole cairo thing). It was particularly nice to reconnect with Chelsea and Bri, who I haven't seen in a few years, as well as all the ACGs at Erika's baby shower :)
Besides eating, I'm trying to get my life in order before I go. Apparently my passport was sent from Milwaukee to the embassy in Ottawa on Tuesday (T2) so I'm hoping it'll be arriving in Victoria tomorrow- WITH a visa inside it. Once I get that, I can book my flight. I also need to sell my car, go to the doctor for shots and the dentist for a check-up , meet with my financial advisor, get a hard case for my bike and maybe buy a windtrainer, move, pack...barely anything really :| I'm also trying to figure out how I can be at a fitness level where I can compete (and do relatively well) in an olympic distance tri when/if I come back in the summer, so am looking into various programs- it's hard since I'm not sure what resources I'll have access to, but I want to have a rough idea before I go so I can stay on track.
3 comments:
passport sent to the wrong place? yikes! I hope it arrives soon.
Happy Holidays! Was nice to see you on Saturday.
Snowboarding soon, perhaps? :)
No, it didn't go to the wrong place, our immigration lawyers are in Milwaukee...I hope it arrives soon too!
It was nice seeing you too, I hope your real birthday was great and that you and your family had a wonderful Christmas.
Yes, let's plan a day on the hill- although you'll probably be leaving me in your tracks with your super-fast new board!!
C :)
Post a Comment