Saturday, December 15, 2007

ouch!

Today was a bit of a whirlwind, but I won't write about the monotony of xmas errands, chiro and finalizing tomorrow's Vancouver trip....

On to a much more interesting topic: running! I finally found time today for my first run in a week and it didn't go so well :( Today was typical winter-in-victoria weather: cool and wet. Lucky for me, that's my favourite running weather! Also, I figure I should get all the rain I can while I'm here since Cairo only gets one cm A YEAR!! (as a comparison-- Victoria's average annual rainfall is 66.5cm!)

Anyway, enough with the meteorology...back to the run... over the last month or so, I'd been ignoring a little pain in the arch of my left foot- it wasn't enough to be concerned about or to make me stop my run, just a bit sore. I thought maybe after a week of rest, it might have gone away...but apparently not! Today it didn't really bother me until I was almost at Cook & Dallas (so, about 10 minutes in), and still wasn't too bad, but definitely enough to pay attention to. I am really hoping it's not PF because I'm not sure if I'll be able to find the people I'll need to fix it in Cairo. I had a similar pain about 4 years ago which apparently was caused by other muscles compensating for a weakness in my hip flexor... but I thought I'd sorted that out, and plus, my chiros are really happy with my alignment lately (ha, it sounds like I'm a car!). I have a pair of Nike Frees that I bought a while ago, with the hopes of strengthening my feet, but I'm reluctant to wear them at the moment as I'm not sure if they'll improve or exacerbate the problem.

So, I just re-read this post, and as a new blogger, I still find this medium very self-indulgent and funny. I mean, I just wrote almost two paragraphs about my left foot!! Gotta love the internet ;)

No comments: