Thursday, December 20, 2007

T'was the week before Christmas....

I've always liked being busy, but this week has taken it to a new level...I am literally 'booked solid'- with something going on every single night till boxing day- sometimes 2 events in one night!! I feel like a rock star;)

I love the social part of it, but the food is killing me- everywhere I go there are more fabulous things to eat and drink. I always gain a little weight in the off-season but this going to be a banner year I think :| Oh well, I will likely get really sick the first week I'm in cairo (everybody does...the doctor last time said something about an 'adjustment to the environment') so hopefully it'll all balance out....

If you haven't tried Elf Yourself, you must- it's hilarious, here is my family elfed-out!

On a sad note, I saw a troubling article yesterday. A woman I worked with a few years ago is currently lost at sea...she and her boyfriend were sailing from Hawaii to Victoria and haven't been heard from since October. The coast guard has called off their search, but their families remain optimistic, so if everyone could send positive thoughts their way, I'm sure their loved ones would be grateful, especially this time of year...

No comments: