Friday, December 28, 2007

Maybe the egyptian embassy wants to buy my car......

So today I had two voicemails when I got home- one from a woman at the Egyptian embassy who wants to "discuss" my visa application, and one from a woman called Jane who is interested in my car. I am a little concerned about what the embassy might want to talk to me about, and even more concerned that I might say something that causes my application to be denied! I think I'll call the lawyer first for some advice.....

I am actually quite surprised at the response re: the car- besides Jane, I've had 3 friends say that they have friends or family members interested in it. When I listed it yesterday on craig's list and usedvictoria.com I wasn't actually expecting anyone to call for a while, if at all. I figured with the holidays just wrapping up (ha ha), people might not be thinking about spending money so soon.....but I guess it is "boxing week", one of the best shopping periods of the year! Who knows, maybe someone would like to pick up a shiny 2004 matrix to go along with their new ipod! Actually, I can't think of a better accessory myself!

So keep your fingers crossed for me in the next few days, for the car and the visa!

No comments: