Thursday, December 27, 2007

Anyone have a time machine I can borrow?

When I signed the contract for this new job in early November, it seemed like mid-January was a long way off....suddenly it's less than 3 weeks and I'm not even close to being ready!!!! It would be great to go back in time about a month and check a few things off the list.... I still haven't got my passport back, which is a little concerning, but I guess a delay is to be expected being christmas and all...I just hope it comes soon so I can book my ticket.

So, I hope everyone had a great Christmas! Mine was really nice- it was the perfect mix of chaos and downtime, and of family and friends. Santa was very good to me and brought lots of things that will be useful to me when I move like money, travel books and a leatherman knife (or leatherPERSON as Meera would say!). One of my favourite gifts was from Michael- he burned all 10 seasons of FRIENDS on DVD for me (hmmm I hope no copyright law enforcement people are reading this...) so that I can watch them in cairo when I get homesick, or bored!

Today I met Michelle, Sheena, Kate, Jen and Erika for lunch at Canoe-- it took us about 20 minutes before we noticed the gigantic diamond on Michelle's finger! After 9 years of dating, Sean proposed...on Christmas morning in front of the Mums and the rest of the family. Congratulations guys!!!!!!! Tonight was our secret santa exchange...I got Nicky and gave her..........A MARMOT!!!! I know, I know, it's turning into a bit of an obsession, but it's a good cause and I thought she could use it as an educational tool for her grade fours. My santa (moosey!!!) gave me an awesome pair of pearl izumi running/cycling socks. I love them!

No comments: