Saturday, December 29, 2007

Calories+training= energy. Calories+off season= muffin top!

So recently I learned the term muffin top: "...a generally pejorative, slang term used for a person, usually female, whose flabby midsection spills over the waistline of his or her pants in a manner that resembles the top of a muffin spilling over its paper casing. This generally occurs when an individual wears low-rise, hip-hugger pants, or midriff-baring tops that are too small. " Thank you wikipedia, always so informative! The reason I bring it up is because, with all the holiday treats lately {and a seemingly unending supply of toblerones in our office}, I think I may be developing a mild case of this disorder!!! Not as severe as the specimen above, but I'm definitely getting a little muffiny! Thankfully the holidays are almost over and I have a few weeks to get back into the pool before I leave.

More people called about my car today!! A guy is test-driving it tomorrow so hopefully he'll buy it and it'll be one less thing to worry about. Tonight I was at the mint with Tegan, Cheryl, Dave, Nicky and Cheryl's co-worker, Rob, for some appys, and sour apple martinis. I always like it there, but for some reason, always forget about it when picking restaurants. Maybe because it's underground.

So, Tegan asked to be featured in my blog. I think she was joking, but I think she's definitely worth featuring! We've been friends since we were ten, so we have a lot of history- from eating beef jerky on the lift at Mt. Washington (and losing my retainer in the snow!) to being partners for a hypercard presentation in gr 8 on 'Footwear through the ages'...I will definitely miss her when I move. Hmm what else? Well.... she still uses an ewok (sp?) keychain I bought for her on a school trip to Japan at Tokyo Disney in Gr. 9, and has amazing blonde hair that looks great straight or wavy! Tegan has many talents, but some of the most remarkable are her amazing skills as a photographer, her stunt driving and her sik moves on her snowboard.

Okay, time to get my muffiny self to bed. Lots to do tomorrow (and the next day, and the day after that!).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh thank you so much, caticakes!! you are the sweetest! not sure about that photo though ;)
ps. i totally forgot about the retainer! ahh good times.