Monday, March 16, 2009

Reclining pigeon

Soooo, you'd think that after running 26km, a person might be a little stiff or achy, right? I thought I might be, but I woke up on Saturday AM feeling great! However, after a teeny little bit of stretching and deep breathing, while sitting on a mat listening to sitar music at the yoga studio- I could barely move the next day!! In fact, I ran about 20 mins at the track last night and then I had to walk the rest of the hour- it was terrible! I'm trying to remember what poses exactly we did that could possibly have have made me so sore, but none of them stick in my mind as particularly strenuous...I guess maybe i'm using muscles that I don't usually use.

I have to say, I'm not totally convinced on this yoga business- I guess maybe since I have to sit all day at work, when I'm off I like to be moving- walking, running, swimming, biking-- something!! I know it's supposed to be good for relaxation and clearing your mind etc, but I honestly find it a bit boring- and in the times when we're supposed to be "gently pushing thoughts aside" and focusing on our breathing, I can never really relax becuase I keep thinking that I'm not supposed to be thinking.... also, some of the poses have realllllly funny names that make me crack up... try keeping a straight face when someone tells you to please move from "cow into reclining pigeon'!! I haven't given up on it completely- next week there is a 'power yoga' class, which sounds like it might be a little more up my alley... but we'll see. I guess if I'm sore it must be having some sort of benefit, right?

Check out my friend Pat's new website- we did our business degrees together and he was really creative and talented back then, so I'm not surprised that he's become so sucessful in his various ventures- he's also got a skin care store in downtown vancouver. You should go!

That's all for now, I'm going to try to get an early night and hopefully be fresh for tomorrow's speedwork. Hope you're all doing well.

xoxo C

No comments: