
I've never been in the army (yes surprising, I know!), so I'm not sure what the exact phrase is, but I've heard that new recruits are advised to "never pass up an opportunity to eat, sleep or sh@#" (I've also heard the last item replaced with f!@#)... I'm not sure which is correct... but in any case, the new rule in my house will be "never pass up an opportunity to SHOWER!"
I got home last night from track practice sort of sweaty- I contemplated taking a shower, but was pretty tired, and I wasn't sweaty enough to necessitate immediate showering, so decided to do it in the morning- for a split second, I thought "what if there's no water tomorrow though".... but the water situation has been good for almost a month, so I thought I should stop being so pessimistic. The same thought occurred to me, when I looked in the fridge and realized that I was almost out of bottled water - I wasn't worried about what to drink (that's what starbucks is for), I was worried about having enough to boil and wash my face etc, do my teeth and somehow style my hair... but again, I thought, "no, think positively, it will be fine,,," so I went to bed.
And of course today, I woke up with no water. Thankfully I did have about 2 cups of water left in the bottom of a bottle so I don't think I smelled too bad, but, the funniest part was sitting at a table at lunch telling this to a couple of other expats who just nodded sympathetically and knowingly, because they've all had to do the same in the last month...ironic isn't it- executives at a luxury hotel and still bathing daily is not a guarantee...oh cairo!
Anyway I just got home and elhamdoulilah, the water is back (apparently a pipe burst and the whole neigbourhood was affected) so I'm off to take a shower! Tomorrow's run is a "short one" only 13 miles.
xoxo C
No comments:
Post a Comment