Going from one of the most environmentally-friendly, plastic-bag-lacking, recycle-everything places on earth to almost the polar opposite, where nothing is officially recycled (there is a lot of re-using and scavenging here though...) I get pretty excited when I find something "green" that I can participate in.....I try to do my part... for example I have about 10 cardboard starbucks coffee sleeves in my desk right now, because I always take them off the cup before I throw it away, thinking that I'll use it the next time i go, but somehow I never remember till I have the burning hot latte in my hand.... maybe I'll just take them all back at once.....In any case, being green here is not very easy at all- in fact, I think I'm lucky I've lived in Victoria till now and was able to log all those green brownie points by walking to work for 6 years and recyling everything, using unbleached toilet tissue and eco-friendly cleaners like vinegar in my home because my carbon footprint here is a lot bigger...It actually makes me feel sick sometimes thinking about how many water bottles and meat trays are used here. Not to mention the fact that I sit in traffic, by myself, for over an hour every day.
Needless to say, when I heard about Earth Hour, I was happy because it's something we can all participate in- March 28 at 8:30pm local time, wherever you are in the world, just turn off your lights for one hour..... here's a video...
Okay off the the track, xoxo C
PS: Crete is booked! YAY!
No comments:
Post a Comment