Thursday, March 5, 2009

For Jen...

I don't actually have much to say, but Jen has requested that I post something, and we all know that you don't want to disappoint Jen!

Hmmm, what would Jen like to know about....wellllll..... I am on the brink of a FOUR DAY weekend! The prophet's bday is on Monday and usually employers give boxes of these inedible sweets to their staff, but instead, our GM gave us Sunday off with pay so we all get a long weekend! We only found out a few days ago, so yesterday and today we were all scrambling to book flights and hotels and get out of Cairo!! Zoomie and I decided we needed some beach time, so we're off to the red sea for a couple of nights. The resort we're going to is only an hour outside of cairo, but it's like you're in another world. I am really looking forward to a break- it's been cold here lately, but this wekeend it's meant to get to the high twenties, so hopefully I'll be able to swim! Here's the place we're staying, it's a new one, opened since I was there last so it'll be interesting to check out the competition! Since I missed last week's long run I wanted to make sure I was able to do this one- we're running 12 miles- from here to the Sphinx- should be a pretty interesting run, but I still miss Dallas road!

What else? Remember my co-worker? The 'see you later elevator' guy? Well, I feel bad because I think I'm confusing him- he's so eager to practice his english that he asks me to explain everything he doesn't understand-- have you ever stopped to think how many weird expressions we have in english? This week alone I had to explain the following:

-Why he should stop being 'a drama queen' because he was 'making a mountain out of a molehill'
-Why we had 'bigger fish to fry' and why we had to have our 'ducks in a row'
-Why someone dying after a long and painful illness was 'bittersweet'
-Why our Controller had his 'panties in a bunch' today
-How 'people living in glass houses.....' and 'the pot calling the kettle black' mean the same thing
-Parallel vs perpendicular
-Squishy vs Sticky

Anyway, that's pretty much all for now.... maybe I'll have some pictures to post when I get back from the red sea. Hope you all have a great weekend!
xoxo C

1 comment:

Jen said...

YAY!!!! Thanks Cat!!! :-) My day is already better and brighter because of your blog post (especially the title)!

I hope you have a great run tomorrow/today and a faaaaabulous trip to the Red Sea over your long weekend (though the photo made the water look like a mirage... are you sure the hotel is on the sea?).

Looking forward to reading about your exploits (and seeing photos of course) when you return. xxx