Today I had to explain a new one to Ahmed: "Skating on thin ice..." (in reference to my driver who was 30 mins late for the 4th time in 2 weeks...). I don't think he knows what skating is, so it was a little tough to explain, but I think he got the gist eventually.
In other news, my "boyfriend" Simon W was involved in an accident over the weekend- a car hit another car which veered into a group of cyclists-- it sounds like nobody was badly hurt, but it's scary nonetheless....
In other, other news (and this will probably really only interest Nicky and Jen) did you hear Dakota Fanning has signed on to play Jane (one of the Volturi Guards) in the next twilight movie? I was sort of disappointed, I thought the fact that the actors were all unknowns in the first movie helped you focus more on the story, but I guess famous people sell more tickets...Speaking of movies, I finally saw Slumdog Millionaire the other night- someone from the running group got a copy of it and we had a potluck movie night. It was a good show, I'd definitely recommend seeing it if you haven't.
Anyway, it's almost time for bed for me, work and another run tomorrow- I hope you're all doing well!
xoxo C
4 comments:
Ohh. I think Dakota Fanning will be a great Jane. Have you head the books? I'm a huge, stupid, fan, but I have not seen the movie. The picture of Edward in my head is so brilliant that I can't bare to have Robert Pattison wreck it for me.
Yes Jwo, I've read the books AND seen the movie- I too was worried about ruining my images of the characters I had formed in my head but it wasn't too bad actually...
I've been loving your blog- have a safe trip home- sounds like you'll be busy at EMP with Jmac's departure xoxo C
Hmm... I don't know if I know Dakota Fanning... I know that means I've probably been living in a pop culture black hole for a while, but oh well. At least she can be Jane without wrecking it for me. I too am apprehensive about real life people playing these creatures of my imagination. But not like that's going to stop me from watching the film asap (I'm waiting on Netflix now)!
Post a Comment