Even though this week was only 3 days, it felt waaaaay longer, so I was pretty happy when Thursday arrived!
Yesterday's run was 16 miles or 25.6km, which I think is the furthest I've ever run (well maybe once before, but it was a long time ago... ) the trouble with these longer distances is there aren't that many nice places to run around here, so we have to do what we can to cover the miles- yesterday a bus took us from the school and dropped us off in what seemed like the middle of the desert, with factories and army bases all around- then we ran back to the school on the highway- thankfully it wasn't very busy since it was 6am, but still trucks were going by from time to time and yelling and covering us with dust and exhaust- it really makes me miss all the nice places we have to run in victoria. (don't take them for granted!!!!). Now, I know you're all waiting with baited breath to hear what yesterday's featured dead animal was....we actually had TWO- a dog and a crow! And, to make it even more enjoyable- we (the women) don't wear shorts to run here because it attracts "unwanted attention", we are running in pants which can be reallllly hot! But still, even with all the negatives, it is still nice to be able to run here. And all the runners came back to my place for brunch.
After brunch, one of our chefs and his wife invited me to their place as he and the Chinese chef were making dim sum-- it was a great recovery meal and I was in bed by 9:30 last night! All in all, not a bad Friday.
Today I'm doing yoga and laundry!
Hope you're all doing well,
xoxo C
No comments:
Post a Comment