Saturday, February 28, 2009

Typical...

Julie and I are going to a yoga class tomorrow so, tonight after dinner (salmon...mmmm) we looked up the studio so we'd know where to go... here are the directions on the website--- so typically egypt, that I had to laugh:

"The studio is on the second floor (if you count the first floor as zero). The door does not have a number on it but the door across the way is labeled with the number 2.....The building has a wide outdoor staircase with white pillars that takes you to a landing and then you'll see a staircase on your right that will take you up to the second floor."
While this sort of thing is indicative of how inefficient it can be here sometimes (why don't they just put a sign on the door instead of saying it's across from number two- wouldn't that be easier??), we had to laugh because we are both guilty of directing people to our houses in the same way, in fact I don't actually know my address at all-- I just say my apartment is on X street, the same side of the street as the _____ cafe, above the "electronices {sic} shop", and across from the organic food mart-- and if you get to the italian deli, you've gone too far. And it works.

Anyway I am going to rest up before my first yoga class ever (pretty excited but a little nervous about it!). Hope you're all having a great weekend-- yours is just beginning, mine is half over already. not fair :(

xoxo C

No comments: