Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Fat Tuesday..

This picture is from Luxor, but Julie just sent it to me- the kids were so cute when they weren't asking for money or our ipods... I think these ones were better behaved because they were girls...they just wanted to give me five! Anyway, I am realllllly glad this week is almost over- tomorrow is Thursday and I'm so ready for the weekend. I'm going to my first egyptian wedding tomorrow night! I think it's going to be a long night- the invite says it starts at 9:30pm (I know!) but my coworkers have told me not to arrive anytime before 10:30 or I'll be the only one there! A few of us are going out for dinner first, as apparently the food likely wont be served till midnight or after! I asked some people in my office what time it would be acceptable to leave without being rude and they said I should stay till 1 or 2 at least...and we are running 12 miles the next morning...I might just show up for brunch....

Yesterday was Shrove Tuesday/Fat Tuesday/Mardi Gras (the day before the first day of lent) but instead of pancakes, I went to Julie's for an amazing meal- a thai lady comes to her house every Tuesday morning, brings all the ingredients and cooks a huge assortment of Thai food- she plates it all up, does the dishes and leaves Julie with all this amazing food- so great! In Luxor we bonded over a mutual love of apple-tinis (and running, I guess...), so we had one of those too! (as I was writing that last paragraph I remembered that I had a Tupperware full of leftovers Julie sent home with me last night- as I was planning to have cereal for dinner it was a great revelation!)

Anyway, even though it's only 9:30, I'm going to head to bed- probably not a bad idea as I have a looooong day ahead of me tomorrow!

Hope you're all well!

xo C


1 comment:

Taylor said...

Cereal for dinner!? Clearly Anna and I need to return and cook for you. Happy to hear you have a more local alternative though!