Friday, February 20, 2009

19.2K and Bacon!

I tried to upload the Luxor video again and it still won't work- but if we're friends on FB you can watch it there... it's actually better there as you can watch it full screen.

This morning we ran 12 miles (19.2K)- a few kms shorter than last weekend's race- we ran along the main road that runs beside the Nile- not my favourite route- there are always dead animals on the sidewalk (a cat today) and lots of cars going by with men shouting things. Brunch was good, as usual, but with an extra special treat- one of the runners who works for the US embassy and gets to shop in the government commissary (a legendary wonderland that only a select few have access to, where you can buy everything you can get in North America!) brought bacon- real Oscar Meyer pork bacon-- I barely ever eat bacon at home, but there's something about it being forbidden here that makes it irresistible! mmmm it was good :)

Okay I think I'm going to take a nap now, hope you're all having a good friday!

xo C

No comments: