What a crappy day at work today- I won't go into details, but I wish I could go on holiday for a LONG time.
Today on the way home it started raining- initially it didn't register how out of place it was until my driver told me he'd never driven in the rain before...great! I thought for a sec about switching places with him. It stopped after about 15 minutes, but it was nice, I sort of miss the rain and it also fit with my mood...
People here are still upset about yesterday's bomb, but unfortunately, although Egypt is a fairly peaceful country, this sort of thing is not unheard of- in fact, there was a blast at the same market in 2005.
This weekend I think I'm going to try a yoga class- I've never done yoga, but with no swim team I need another activity to balance out all the running. In the area where I live there are tons of studios and many different types of yoga to choose from. That's one of those weird double standards about living here-- I can't be guaranteed that my apartment will have running water every day, but my yoga options are endless.....
A funny anecdote that made me laugh-- everyday I drive past a hospital with a big crane sticking out of the top- I always thought that it was still being built or was going through renovations, but it turns out that when they were building the hospital in the 80's they sort of forgot about the crane and by the time someone realized it was still there, nobody could figure out how to get it out! Apparently they have to spend a fortune every year to maintain it so it won't deteriorate and harm the building....oh egypt!
Anyway, I hope you're all having a better day than me, bye for now,
xoxo C
1 comment:
I'm sorry to hear your day's been so crappy Catherine! Hopefully a good night's sleep and a run sometime soon will help. That's funny about the rain, and the crane!
Post a Comment