Thursday, January 29, 2009

TGIT

It's Thursday- the end of my first full week back... and the weekend! YAY! It's actually been a pretty good week in a lot of respects- Taylor and Anna returned from their adventures in the white desert and stayed with me for a few nights. Last night they spoiled me by having a fabulous dinner ready when I got home from track practice-- since it's rare that my kitchen gets used for more than making toast and boiling water for tea, I asked them if they wanted to move in permanently!

Speaking of track practice, I was running last night with a new friend from the Netherlands, he and his gf moved here a few months ago for his job and joined the group-- anyway, while we were doing our speedwork on the track, he said he was getting tired because he'd had a hard day at work.
I asked why and he say, "well.... you know what is semen?" Thinking I hadn't heard him properly because of his accent, I asked him to repeat himself, but no, he definitely said semen!!! Anyway it turns out he works for a horticultural company that imports bull semen from North America and Europe to sell to farmers here and in KSA ( the cows here suck according to him)-- apparently they transport it in huge buckets that are really heavy- (I asked how they got the semen in the bucket but I think he thought I asked how they stored it because he started talking about liquid nitrogen or something- at least I hope he was talking about storage- otherwise, ouch, poor bulls!!) and he had to load it the buckets into a truck to go to the airport, which is why he was tired... wow, sorry for saying "semen" so many times in this post, but I thought it was a pretty funny conversation... it's good to have interesting conversation to distract you from the pain of speedwork.

Anyway I should go eat something- luckily I have leftovers from last night's dinner, so I don't have to have cereal! Hope you're all doing well and having a great week,

xoxo C

No comments: