So, about a week ago, Nicky handed me a book and said I should read it- I looked at the cover- Twilight... "You want me to read this vampire book all the 14 year olds are screaming about on tv...yeah I don
't think so..."

't think so...""Just try it, you'll like it" she said... welllllll I did, and now I'm hooked- I finished the first one (500+ pages) in about a day and a half, and have just started the second one (there are 4). At first I was a little embarassed to admit that I enjoy teen-vampire-romantic-fiction so much, but apparently lots of other people (my age and older) have loved it too.. the writing isn't really that great, and the story is pretty f
ar-fetched (a family of vampires attending high school in a sleepy town in washington state-- obviously, our female protagonist falls in love with one of them.....etc etc) but you just want to keep reading... Nicky equates it to eating chips-- it's not very good for you, and it's not really making you a better person, but boy is it hard to stop!!
ar-fetched (a family of vampires attending high school in a sleepy town in washington state-- obviously, our female protagonist falls in love with one of them.....etc etc) but you just want to keep reading... Nicky equates it to eating chips-- it's not very good for you, and it's not really making you a better person, but boy is it hard to stop!! It's easy to see why the teen girls swoon over Edward, the (perpetually 17 year old) male lead vampire- he is dreamy and romantic and always knows what to say-- plus he can run really fast and is inhumanly strong- Bella, his human gf, is insanely clumsy so these skills comes in handy pretty often--oh yeah, he can also read minds.
I'm not saying you should read this series, but if you do, make sure you have about a week free, because once you start, you won't be able to stop...
It's also been made into a movie- which is in theatres right now- I haven't seen it yet, but I think I might have to soon.. :)
1 comment:
That's my girl!!!
Post a Comment