Sunday, February 10, 2008

bad haircut, sushi, dim sum and soccer

Even if I wanted to be sleeping right now, there is no way I could-- about an hour ago, Egypt just won the Africa Cup of Nations football (soccer) tournament....the streets are filled with honking cars and screaming fans. I watched the game in a pub with some of my colleagues-I'm not really a soccer fan, but it was pretty exciting- the Pharaohs played Cameroon and they won 1-0- the atmosphere in the pub after the goal was electric. 

This weekend was more eventful than last- I actually did quite a bit: went for dim sum at the four seasons for Chinese new year; looked for more apartments; went for sushi; took a tour of our new hotel by the airport that's just opened and got a haircut. The haircut was the least successful of all the activities... I purposely waited to get my haircut until I got here because this stylist/colourist (both called Mr. Hassan) team are really famous in Egypt have all sorts of famous people and stars for clients...but I think something got lost in the translation... I tried to explain to the stylist that I wanted a few long layers around my face, which apparently to him meant a combination of Farrah Fawcett and the Friends haircut circa 1996! It looks a little better now that I have washed all the product out of it... but I'm hoping it grows reaaaallllly fast!!!

Okay internet time is running out so I should go. Miss you all and hope you're well! 

C


2 comments:

teach11 said...

Lets see a picture of the hair!

Anonymous said...

Yeah Cat,
you can't leave us hanging like that! Show us the evidence.