Saturday, February 2, 2008

Swimming with an audience and my new "boyfriend"...



Today was another lazy day off, but I did finally get in the pool...I think I said before that it's not ideal for laps because it's kidney shaped and about 10C warmer than the pool we usually practice in, but I thought I should get a few lengths in just so I didn't forget how! After about 10 minutes I put my head up to defog my goggles and noticed that there were about 5 people watching me from their balconies! I kept going for a little while longer but I felt a lot of pressure to make sure my strokes were perfect (you would have been proud John!). 

Tonight I went to our GM's house for a fabulous Lebanese meal (which he cooked!)...his driver and his wife and 3 kids were there too, and as of tonight, I now have a new boyfriend...he's dark and hansome, and pretty tall...for a 5 year old!  It was very cute, the two youngest kids, Mohamed and Neda, are twins (boy/girl),  and they wouldn't leave me alone- but Mohamed especially- one of them had to be sitting on my lap and stroking my hair or holding my hand the entire time- Moh'd even slept on me on the way home in the car. Their mum says they have never seen a person who has such light hair before... I'm sure the novelty will wear off, but it was pretty cute!

1 comment:

Me Myself and I said...

look at you making friends already! (even though they are five year olds ;)