
Here are a couple of pictures of the hotel I helped at this summer- it finally opened last week after many months of delays, and it looks great- very modern with lots of glass and lights. I went there this weekend to check it out. It's hard to tell from the pictures, but the rooms are arranged in a concave shape (or convex if you're looking at it from the outside) around a huge atrium...if you look at it from the top, it's in the shape of an eye...the eye of Horus, to be specific. Also of note are the palm trees- they are real but are dead and have been preserved in a such a way that they will last indefinitely without any water. It's hard to tell but they are really tall, the hotel is about 10 floors tall and the trees go right to the top.
By special request from Erin and Nicky, I am posting a photo of my tragic haircut. I hope that you are asking because you are my friends and want to help me through this difficult time, not to laugh! I am pointing out the Farrah Fawcett layers...
In other news, I signed a lease for an apartment today- it's the one I was trying to decide on last week- even though it's on a busier street, it's still the nicest one I've seen inside and to be honest, I just got tired of looking. It has 3 bedrooms so lots of space for you all when you come to visit. I think I can move in on the weekend so I'll take pictures once I'm settled.
Bye for now,
C
6 comments:
Oh...the hair is not so bad!! Lots of body!
I agree with Nick, I have no idea what you are complaining about! Opps, sorry, I forgot, friend-supporting-bad-hair etiquette dictates empathy not disagreement, it's your opinion that matters, not mine! So, I'm sorry you don't like it Cat. But, it actually will grow out quickly, as hair grows faster in hot climates! :) Can't wait to see the apartment!
i think it's sexy! very tousled and bedroom-romp-ish!
nice work on the apartment; looking forward to seeing pics.
xxxooo
Also I bet the hair looks much better when you're not making the "look what they did to my hair" face.
I know that face well.
Glad you settled on a home... I bet it will be much more relaxing once you aren't living in a hotel (and you don't have to juggle Mohamads)
oh Cat, I've been there! But I agree with Tegan, get some velcro rollers in there and you'll be all set for a good "romp" - haha, i love the term "romp". Or you could throw on a 70's style sundress or one-piece jumpsuit and some wedge sandals and breeze by the pooldeck? Congrats on the apartment! Can't wait to see it. PS I think you should add a section to your blog that posts a new airfare to Cairo everyday!
I like the haircut!!!
Post a Comment