Sunday, February 24, 2008

Stage 2

I haven't written in a while mostly because it would be a fairly negative post (according to Nicky, I am in stage 2 of culture shock)...it's been a tough week- the housing situation hasn't improved and this weekend it actually got worse: I had been out for a run (11K) and brunch with the running group and was actually in a relatively good mood, and when I got off the elevator I saw a man about 10m away with a basket full of about 5 or 7 fluffy, adorable rabbits!  He was holding one so I walked toward him and was going to say hi when I suddenly noticed the giant machete in his other hand!! You can guess the rest of the story, but I was pretty shocked, especially since this happened in the corridor of my apartment building! I think he might have been a door-to-door salesman (I guess you can't argue that the meat wasn't fresh....), but I think after seeing my face, he decided not to ring my bell....

On a positive note, the people in the running group were really nice, and the brunch was good, even if the route was not exactly what I'm used to (I got to practice lengthening my stride while jumping over piles of garbage beside the nile and  my agility trying to avoid the homeless people on the sidewalk). Also, I am closer to finding a swim team I think..

Okay back to work. Maybe I'll wait till stage 2 is over to write again.....

C


No comments: