Thursday, February 7, 2008

the weekend...

Not much to report lately...I saw a few more apartments with Mohamed last night (after experiencing another broker I figured it was best to stick with the devil I knew...or whatever that expression is...) and I saw one that I quite liked- it's on a really quiet street and the kitchen is reasonably big and pretty new looking. I am going to go back on the weekend to see it in the daytime, but if all goes well I should be able to move in by the 3rd week in Feb. YAY!!! Living in a hotel sounds fun, but the novelty wears off very quickly...for me it was about 4 days- I can't wait to have a place of my own. This place is also a 3 bedroom, so I have plenty of space for visitors (yes YOU!!!), and in fact, I think I already have my first houseguest lined up- Gus, who lives in Prague is going to come in march if he can get the time off approved!  

Besides apartment hunting, I have been eating a lot....Egyptians really like to eat, and my co-workers have been taking pity on me since I don't really know anyone besides them, so they've been inviting me out for meals...but they order SO much food because they want me to try everything, and I can't really say no because they are so eager to show me their culture, so I try to eat as much as I can but sometimes I just have to tell them I'm full...but they don't believe me, and think I don't like it.  Anyway.....I have a date with the treadmill tomorrow, so hopefully I'll feel a little better after some exercise. 

Okay my internet time is running out, but I hope you're all doing well :) 

C






1 comment:

Me Myself and I said...

I'm glad to hear that you've finally found an apartment!