10: The fruit is really good here, every few days I buy locally grown fresh strawberries, apples, oranges, plums and pears for next to nothing at one of the many fruit stands near my apartment.
9. I am learning Arabic- I can already greet people, count and bargain for a taxi!
8. The people are really friendly and welcoming and take every opportunity to feed me.
7. Chocolate is cheap :)
6. my running club does track practice and speed work twice a week so my running is improving.
5. I am getting really good at charades from communicating with my driver- yesterday I made him understand "I want to stop at a fruit stand" by miming eating a banana and an apple.
4. Because there are only a few english channels, I am learning waaaaay more than I ever wanted to know about the US presidential election from CNN.
3. Because there are 10 of us working together in the same office, I am learning a lot about speccing glassware, cutlery and table linens as well as HVAC (heating ventilation and A/C) and refrigeration systems.
Okay that's all I can think of at the moment....but that's pretty good don't you think?! If I think of the last 2 I'll add them. (wow, a third of the list involved food......can you tell I like to eat?!)
Okay, back to work....hope you're all doing well :)
C
3 comments:
HVAC and refrigeration knowledge will take you far in life. It's the kind of information you can really use!
Serisouly though, good to see you're focusing on the positives.
Email me soon!
I like your list! When is a good time to call (morning/ evening)?
How about #1: never running out of things to blog about.
I like the list. Sounds like Cairo has a lot to offer!
Post a Comment