Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Another Day, another city....


Getting out of Mumbai was WAY less stressful and chaotic than I expected- the airport was fairly quiet and we flew Kingfisher Airlines which is owned by "the Richard Branson of India", who also happens to own the brewery of the most popular local beer here (Kingfisher beer). Anyway our flight to Delhi was about 1.5 hrs and it was great- I watched FRIENDS, ate some (spicy!) lunch and had a short nap and we were there! The plane was brand new and the staff were so friendly (and good looking!).

I don't know if I speak for the group, but I am pretty glad to be out of Mumbai- we didn't have much time to explore, but the parts we did see on the way to the airport today were pretty grim...we did however, meet some interesting people @ the rooftop bar at the hotel including Phillip, a young german guy who is doing an internship with VW, and Kent, and american guy who just finished a 4 month term teaching MBA students in rural india.

Here are a few pictures of the last couple of days (including some shots of the bay in Mumbai taken from the car, a "traditional" Indian lunch provided by the recruiters, the view from my new room in Delhi, "double guns" in the pool and the title pic with me with the red dot was what the desk agents did to us when we checked into the hotel today- apparently it's supposed to bring health and propserity...and no, it's not permanent), and I'll give a report on Delhi once I've been here a little longer, but for now, it's time to hit the pool :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice Indian lunch Catherine. Glad to see you are really experiencing the culture. Just joking.

This reminds me that I ate at a place called ´Pizza Hot´ the other day. I wonder what ´The Hut´would think of that.