

So, Damascus is actually sorta boring-- it's a big city, but there doesn't seem to be too much going on. We've been entertained very well by the recruiting

agency (for those of you who don't know how the whole arrangement works...the agencies arrange venues and bring candidates to us to interview, then we pay them either a flat rate or a percentage of salary for each person hired, so it's in their best interest to keep us happy- hence all the wining and dining...), we went to a restaurant called the swiss house, b

ut it served "traditional syrian food", which is remarkably similar to traditional Lebanese food and traditional Jordanian food... if I never see another bowl of hummus again, I will be very happy!!!
Last night we made up an excuse and snuck off to the Italian restaurant @ the 4 seasons for a dinner with just "the family"... it was nice to just relax and not have to make small talk with the agency staff. It was also nice to be back in a 5 star environment (where we belong!!!)- yes I know this is only adding more fuel to the "

princess" fire, but we've been staying at 4 star places lately to cut down on costs, and the amenities and service in some of these places are really horrendous...actually I think most of the places have been glad to see the back of us, apparently we are a little bit "particular"... {some of us more than others though...}
Here are a couple of pics from the week- we have one more afternoon of interviews left then tomorrow we fly to Dubai where I think I will sleep for the next two days- too many late nights. Then Sri Lanka, then India, then.....

Hope you all have a great wknd, xoxo C
No comments:
Post a Comment