Monday, August 24, 2009

We're from Nairobi and we're on the best team...

We do the Watusi, we're seven feet tall! The cannibals may eat us but they'll never beat us, cause we're from Nairobi and we're on the ball!

Does anyone else know that song? We used to sing it over and over and over at camp and it's all I think of when someone mentions the name of the city.

So, even though we had sort of a nasty introduction to Kenya (rough landing where even a flight attendant puked!) it has bee a great experience so far. We are staying at one of our own hotels so have been loving all the amenities- especially the gym- I went twice today!! That's the problem with these trips, all the recruiters expect you to go out with them every night- and eat eat eat! Tonight we went to an all you can eat meat restaurant called CARNIVORE! They have all sorts of meat on swords and they come round and carve it onto your plate. I tried ostrich and crocodile for the first time- the ostrich was great, but I can't say I'm a fan of croc- sort of fishy and chewy all at the same time- not a good combination.

All the people we interviewed today were fabulous- kenyans have such amazing smiles and such great attitudes. I tried to ask around to see if there were any long distance runners I could get some tips from but apparently those ones don't need to work in hotels since they are all kajillionaires from winning races all over the world.. Oh well.

Okay I should get to bed, but hope you're all doing well! xoxo C


1 comment:

teach11 said...

They have a "Carnivore" in Jeddah too! It's really popular. I tried the crocodile as well and I have to agree with your assessment:) I like the pic of you and the "Carnivore Carver"