Sunday, August 23, 2009

Ramadan Kareem

Hi! Sorry for the lengthy delay in posting- apparently in Syria macs are some sort of alien technology and nobody could get me online. We flew in from Damascus last night at 5pm and are already on the road again- thanks to the Doha airport for the free wifi! I must say, Damascus really isn't my favourite place-- actually, if I never go there again, I really won't be upset. It is dirty and busy in the same way as cairo but (and I can't believe I'm saying this) it lacks cairo's charm- I think because of its inhabitants-- Damascenes in general were sort of boring and unhelpful. (Sorry, hope I'm not offending anyone but that was the impression I got, you're welcome to try to change my mind if you like!)

So yesterday marked the beginning of the holy month of Ramadan in the Muslim world- it's sort of annoying for us as it means we can't eat, drink, smoke or chew gum in public- obviously smoking isn't an issue for me, but the other 3 are things I like to do from time to time!

Kelly and I are on our way to Kenya now- we're both really excited about this trip as it's somewhere neither of us have been- also we're staying at one of our own hotels which will undoubtedly be an improvement on the last place AND we're going on safari at the end of the trip.

Here are a few pics from Damascus. Hope you're all well and Ramadan Kareem!!

xoxo C



No comments: