Friday, August 14, 2009

Colombo


Those of you who've known me for any length of time know about my love/obsession with Dachshunds... well the night be fore we flew out I stayed with Marta and her fiance and they happen to have an adorable little dachshund called Edgar. I tried to get him to pose with me for a picture but he was having none of it (even after I gave him some cheese, his favorite snack). Here are a couple of my better attempts.

After a completely sold out flight where we were both wedged between smelly, drunken, coughing (did I say smelly!!!??) men , Kelly and I arrived in Colobmo this morning at about 5am. It was an old plane and the seats didn't even recline. My ipod died about 30 min into the flight but I kept it on and pretended I was asleep to keep the drunk smelly guy from talking to me more than he was already doing. He didn't seem to care that I didn't speak his language and wasn't responding at all. He also kept pretending to fall asleep and leaning on my shoulder- it took repeated elbowing to get him to stop. I can't remember a recent flight where I was so happy to land!

After all the necessary H1N1 checks, the recruiter met us at the airport and took us to the hotel- the same one we were at last year. We slept till lunchtime and then has some food and tried to find something to do in the rain...the only thing nearby was a mall. We didn't buy anything but spend a while in a bookstore-a good activivity on a rainy day. Tomorrow is the first of 2.5 interview days. Should be fun! Although some of its inhabitants are sort of gross, Sri Lanka has delicious bananas- look how tiny and cute they are! mmmm I just ate 3.

Okay, we're off to the gym now. Hope you're all doing well.

xoxo C

No comments: