While we were away, our athletes were busy in Beijing winning tons of medals-- what an amazing job our men's 8 and 4 did capturing gold and bronze in rowing!! Ryan Cochrane from Victoria, winning a bronze in the pool! As well as medals
Of course the event I've been waiting for the most is tonight, and apparently I've been traveling too much lately because in my last post I said that Simon W would win his gold medal in tonight's race starting at 1am.... but I was adding 3 hrs to EST not subtracting...oooops!! The race actually starts at 6:49pm tonight PST- it will be on CBC but they only showed snippets of the women's race last night so if you want to see the race in its entirety it's better to watch it streaming from the cbc website
Speaking of the women's race last night, our Canadian girls did a great job, and Canada is very proud of all 3 of them, but unfortunately none of them had the race they hoped for- especially poor Lauren Groves, who had to leave the race early due to a broken left arm that happened during a pileup on the bike course... :( If you have a message for any of our triathletes you can leave it here.
GO CANADA!!!!
xoxo C
1 comment:
Hi - glad to hear you are enjoying Canada...must say I'm happy to be home too.
All the flights and "plane germs" finally caught up with me "Downunder". Very, very sick - w\cold. Home from AU and ON yesterday.
Update: 1st attempt at the "minty lemon" = fresh mint...good + fake pink lemonaid from a can + blender and ice = green stuff that looks like baby food (peas from a jar).
PS. nephews are now calling me "keldog". Take care and enjoy the games! GO CANDOGS!!
Post a Comment