
That is probably the #1 question I've been asked over the last few days- everyone from cashiers at the grocery store, starbucks baristas, GAP employees (hmmm, maybe I am a bit too chatty during my errands...) friends and former co-workers seem to have the same opinion about the middle east, which is understandable considering the way the region is portrayed by the media, but it's a real a shame that it has been vilified and painted with the same brush as the very small areas where the conflict really does exist.... I mean it's not like I work in Baghdad or anything....and anyway, apparently bus travel in Canada isn't as safe as it
used to be either with cannibals lurking around!
Anyway, as I said, it's been excellent being here--the last few days I've been at the gym a lot-I've even been doing weights...I've also had a couple of super swims at the lake with John, an old friend from RRU- he's about 3 weeks out from his second ironman, so needless to say, I'm nowhere near his fitn
ess level, but he's tapering right now... the water was so warm both times, even though I wore my shorty, I didn't really need a wetsuit (but it was nice to have it for the added bouyancy!)- it was good to catch up on the last 7 years too!
Yesterday it was really nice to catch up with Jim over a mocha @ Bubby Rose's; I also met Nicky's new neice, Mariah, and then Nicky and I did our part for the kids by buying an oreo blizzard @ DQ (all the money from blizzards that day went to a kids'charity).
Today after the lake, I spent a few hours with the J-Team- Jake and Jude are getting so big and they're both so chatty now- but of course both have retained their origninal cuteness. Needless to say, it was fabulous catching up with their mum too!
used to be either with cannibals lurking around!Although I have never felt unsafe, I must admit, it is VERY nice to be back in BC where I can drink water right from the tap and breathe air that doesn't smell like a million people are smoking at the exact same time... I can't believe I've been home for a week already! I know I'm here for a month, but it's going waaaaay to quickly- if anyone has a machine that can stop time, can I please borrow it!?
Anyway, as I said, it's been excellent being here--the last few days I've been at the gym a lot-I've even been doing weights...I've also had a couple of super swims at the lake with John, an old friend from RRU- he's about 3 weeks out from his second ironman, so needless to say, I'm nowhere near his fitn
ess level, but he's tapering right now... the water was so warm both times, even though I wore my shorty, I didn't really need a wetsuit (but it was nice to have it for the added bouyancy!)- it was good to catch up on the last 7 years too!Yesterday it was really nice to catch up with Jim over a mocha @ Bubby Rose's; I also met Nicky's new neice, Mariah, and then Nicky and I did our part for the kids by buying an oreo blizzard @ DQ (all the money from blizzards that day went to a kids'charity).
Today after the lake, I spent a few hours with the J-Team- Jake and Jude are getting so big and they're both so chatty now- but of course both have retained their origninal cuteness. Needless to say, it was fabulous catching up with their mum too!

No comments:
Post a Comment