Thursday, August 21, 2008

What an AMAZING race!!! But what happened to the sun!?

So, on Monday night, I, along with about 90% of Victoria was glued to the tv/streaming coverage of the men's triathlon final--- if you are one of the 3 Canadians who haven't seen it yet, you can watch the whole thing here- the whole race was good, but the last 5 minutes are by far the most exciting racing you've seen since...um I don't know.......Sydney 2000!!!

Simon W gave it ounce of energy he had, but in the end, Jan Frodeno was just a teeny bit faster, grabbing the gold, while Simon, finishing about 200m back got silver. Although the medal wasn't the colour I know he hoped for, I don't think Canadians could have asked for anything more- what an amazing effort!! The other two Canadian Men, Paul Tichelaar and Colin Jenkins both also raced well- Paul finishing 28th and Colin, having done the job he came to do (not going to comment on that...lots of opinions and controversy out there, you can make up your own mind..) enjoyed his olympic experience and although he finished 50th (out of 50 finishers) helped Simon celebrate "the team's" silver medal.

Although I have not won any olympic medals so far, Dr. B (my chiro) seems to have fixed the issue I've been having with my right hip for the last few months, so I'm sure I'll be able to rack a few up in the next couple of days...

The weather here sucks this week-- rain rain rain- I thought it was supposed to be summer!! I saw a great play last night @ the Belfry, Anything that moves, it's a musical and is hilarious- it's being held over till Saturday, so if you want something to do on a rainy night, go see it- you won't be sorry.

Okay, off to swim practice.

C :)

1 comment:

Jen said...

Ugh! I wanted to watch this "AMAZING race", and went to CBC to see the video (as I am living in exclusive USA mediaville)and CBC has pulled it off already! Boo hoo!:-(

Guess I'll just have to take your word for it!

J