I had a relaxing few days with my parents and dropped them off on Sunday night at a {sketchy!!} hotel to meet the rest of their tour group, who all seemed really nice. They are on their way to Luxor as we speak/type on an overnight train and will start a 7 day Nile cruise tomorrow morning... I will see them again at the end of their tour for a few days before they head to Sardinia (I KNOW, I'm jealous too!!!). In the meantime, I'm heading to Sharm again, this time with Zoomie and Chris, for a few days of swimming, snorkeling and generally doing nothing in the sun.
I hear last Sunday was the TC 10K....I wish I could have done it- it's one of my favourite races (it's a tie between that one and the Royal Victoria 8K...oh wait, and the tri of compassion...and the Sri). I see from the website that my buddy Jim had a great time and came 2nd.... nice work JF!!!!! :)
This week I have a lot to be thankful for, you might have heard about a terrible accident on the weekend- the floor collapsed at a concert at a church in Abbotsford and a lot of people fell about 5 metres. My cousin Tabitha was there...thankfully she and her friends were all safe, and although about 40 people were injured, miraculously, nobody was killed.
I am also thankful that I have so many great friends, friends who apparently read this blog (who knew!!!)- thank you so much to everyone who has been so supportive after my post about feeling a little down about not being able to maintain the same standard of exercise I'm used to... your words have really helped me put everything into perspective :)
Okay I should get going, it's nearly midnight and I still have to pack for sharm!
miss you all!
xo C
PS: what do you think of my new look??
1 comment:
I Like the new look! It is a bit easier to read than the white text on black background- at first I thought you had changed your hair again and was wondering where the photo was, but then I realised you had a new graphic layout... nicely done ;-)
Post a Comment