Thursday, June 18, 2009

TGIT!


I am realllllly glad this week is over. Lots of stuff going on at work, but one thing we didn't need this week was a H1N1 scare- someone in one of the office towers attached to the hotel had a suspected case of swine flu. The ministry of health was there, which made everyone in the building do two things Egyptians are exceedingly good at- panic and spread rumours.

We were all praying (some of us literally) that it the person didn't have it because when they found it at the American University here the dorms were quarantined for TEN DAYS! I can barely get through 8 hours with some of my co-workers, I can't imagine having to be stuck somewhere with them for that long!!!

Thankfully, the results came back negative. Whew.

So now the weekend is here- I have to go in on Sat for a few hours to hand out contracts but thankfully I have tomrrow off. We're doing a short run in the wadi tomorrow. 9 days till I fly to the UK!

Hope you're all having a great week!

xoxo C

3 comments:

Unknown said...

My girl friend came back from a conference in Montreal with it, half the staff in Toronto came down with it and 1/3 in Montreal. I haven't touched her in a week.. lol So far so good. We don't know 100% if it was it because they don't bother testing anymore unless you have to be admitted. they don't seem to be to worried about it anymore and just seem to be letting it run its course like a regular flu. Oh and they are guessing its the H1N1 because one woman at the meeting had her son in the hospital with it and was spending half her time there and the other half at the meetings.. and you know the French with there Kiss-kiss... and she didn't tell anyone till two days into the meetings.. I would have been pissed..

Cheers.

Roy.

Cat said...

Jeez, that's too bad, I hope she's feeling better soon.

Unknown said...

yeah, yeah she's feeling much better. You can say 'back to normal' so we split up.. lol

Amicably, independently, and in a civilized way. We both came home at the end of the day with arrangements made for the weekend to go on our separate ways... but of course we did, we are so much alike.. She is and will be again, in time, one of the best friends I have had, but that dosn't always lend itself to a good relationship.

But here's to bachelorhood!

Cheers.

Roy.