
Since they're closing all the streets for Obama, we had to leave work early before our route home was closed- I am home about 3 hours earlier than normal and my housekeeper is still here- it's weird sitting here when she's working away, cleaning, but I know I would just annoy her if I tried to help- (plus, she has to earn her $3/hour!)
So, something funny...we got to work at 6am today (also to avoid the Obama traffic) so I thought I'd take the time to sort out a stack of applications I'd been ignoring for a while-- in doing so, I discovered that our Engineering department has been interiviewing candidates for the position of "hand job team teader"! I think the postion is acutally the guy who is in charge of the handymen or people who do odd jobs and fix stuff around the hotel, but I'm not totally sure...regardless, I think I'll have to talk to our chief engineer about changing that job title- STAT! It was a funny start to the day though!
So I've gone for 11 days with no exercise at all and it's been terrible- my foot is feeling almost completely better, so I'm going to try a slow short run tomorrow morning and see how it goes. Tonight a sunset felucca ride with some of the runners in honour of a running group alumni who is in Cairo for a visit.
In both April and May I took a week's holiday (Crete and Copenhagen) and it would appear that June will be no different! At the end of the month I'm going to the UK for a week! I'll stop in London for a few days to see Kate and Amanda and then I'll head up to Leeds to see Mum and Dad and my aunt and uncle for the remainder of the week- I've started the countdown already!
Okay, off to supervise the domestic help ;) Hope you're all doing well,
xoxo C
1 comment:
ok that's about the funniest thing I have heard in a few days..
Post a Comment