Wednesday, June 10, 2009

A creature was stirring...


A lot of new buildings have pest issues, which are typically resolved once everything is sealed up and pest-control companies are employed etc etc. Although the floor with our offices is (mostly) finished, we are still working in a building that's still under construction with big open walls and holes everywhere, so once in a while we get a little visitor. Today a couple of mice found their way onto our floor- just teeny little ones. Well you would have thought that someone had let loose a bunch of scorpions or a great white shark the way people were carrying on- it was crazy. The women were screaming and crying (actually crying from fright- real tears and everything) and holding each other, even some of the men were looking a little pale. It was ridiculous- I don't mean to be insensitive, but their country is full of garbage!! There are street cats and wild dogs on every corner and they're worried about a tiny little mouse? The foreigners were just shaking our heads looking at each other- I think egyptian children need to be forced to join scouts and guides so they don't turn into such scaredy-cat adults. Really!

Also, they thought I was crazy when I begged them not to kill the mouse if they did catch it. Thankfully he was too fast!

Off to the track for a short, hot workout, hope you're all doing well!

xoxo C

No comments: