But now my foot is feeling almost as good as new and I'm getting really antsy. The group is running tonight but I know I have to rest to make sure this stupid thing gets better. I still haven't seen a doctor as for them to really be sure if it's a stress fracture or not, they'd have to do an MRI or a bone scan- they are too small to show up in an x-ray, but I'm about 95% sure that's what it is. I found out that ibuprofen slows the healing of a SF, so I'm not taking it anymore. I'm hoping if I try to rest as much as I can this week I might be able to do a short slow run on Friday morning.... it's probably a bit too soon, but with virtually no x-training options I think I will be going crazy by then. (And probably getting fat!)

Since I can't write about training I will tell you about a new product I bought this weekend. When Amanda came I noticed, and remarked how shiny her nails were and asked if she'd just had a manicure- she said no, she does them herself with a smooth/buff/shine stick- I found one at the body shop on the weekend and it works really well. And it was less than $5!
Also, when I was shopping yesterday, sweet potatoes were on sale so I got a 3-pack (everything here is packaged on a meat tray- even the veggies) yesterday I had sweet potato salad and tonight I made SP soup. I think it counts as soup anyway- I baked a SP and then put in it the blender with some chicken stock (made from bouillon cubes- I cheated)- regardless, it tastes pretty good and it made enough for me to have for lunch tomorrow as well.
Wow, it must be bad if I'm discussing beauty products and recipes- I'm actually boring myself a little bit by writing this so I can imagine how much fun this must be to read.. hopefully my foot heals quickly!
Hope you're all doing well, xoxo C
No comments:
Post a Comment