Apparently I only feel moved to blog when I am on the road or in airports- it's not that my normal life is not interesting but maybe just a bit more routine and I don't feel like I have that much to write about.
In any case things are going well- I bought a condo (take possession on May 27th); I ran the 8K associated with the Vancouver Marathon- I was planning to do the half but I pulled out at the last minute because I didn't feel my training was up to snuff and I was worried I'd injure myself by pushing too hard... it ended up being a good move- I purposely ran without a watch but ended up finishing 52nd overall, 11th out of the women and 2nd in my age group (I'm in a new agegroup now!). It was what I needed to get the running bug back again and I think I'm going to do another half at the end of June.
Anyway, you're probably thinking... I thought she said she was traveling... I am- I'm curretnly sitting in the boarding louge at YVR en route to San Jose Costa Rica, via Dallas and San Salvador (long story!).
I'm going to meet Amanda (of Crete, London and Cairo fame) and I can't wait- it's been ages since I've had a holiday! We're staying one night in the capital city, San Jose, then going to the volcano region (arenal) for two nights, then heading to the Pacific coast for 5 nights for some swimming, surfing and general R&R. Did I say I can't wait!?
Okay they're calling my flight- I should go but have a great week and Happy Mother's Day!
xoxo
C
No comments:
Post a Comment