Sunday, September 21, 2008

baby blue

Wow, it's been a long time since I've written anything! I'm still in BC (YAY!) and it sounds like I might be here a while longer- as the hotel in Cairo isn't quiiiiiite ready yet.... and you can see how hard the workers are working, so I'm not sure what's taking so long ;) I'm not complaining though..it means I''ll probably get to be here for Thanksgiving (my favourite holiday!!) which also happens to be marathon weekend! If I can get my hip working again I might sign up for the 8K- it's one of my favourite races.




Since I wrote last I've been mostly working, but having some fun too! Last weekend, Nicky, Dave, Jill, Greg and I climbed Mt Finlayson, I've eaten sushi 3 times this week and I've seen a couple of movies- The women, which was not good- if you really must see it, wait for the DVD...and Erin and I saw Ghost Town tonight, which was really funny- it's defintely worth seeing in the theatre.

In other news, I went out today to buy some external storage for my computer, and came home with a new camera! Not the digital SLR I've been wanting, but a much cheaper non-SLR one-- it was on sale and it was recommended to me by a photographer friend-- it is much smaller and lighter than my old one and it's got way more megapixels so it'll definitley tide me over till I finally figure out which one I want. PLUS... it's baby blue and matches my bike!


I'll post some more pics later or tomorrow.... bye for now!!! C

1 comment:

Jen said...

Wow Cat, is that the temperature in Victoria these days? 15? Oh sorry, sorry! Hee hee... I'm sure you're enjoying a little coolness after 40 degrees in Cairo, but if you decide you're missing sunshine, it's still in the high 20's to low 30's most afternoons here!

Congrats on your new toy too.

xo J.