Someone told me that over 80% of the world's tall cranes are in Dubai at the moment, and after a drive around tonight I definitely believe it- everywhere you look something is being built. Today actually wasn't very relaxing- I went to the gym, met Kelly for breakfast, went to the GAP, took a tour of the colleague village -which has everything from a grocery store, 2 swimming pools and a Karaoke room, then we had a meeting about Makkah, then dinner then coffee by the pool, then we took a driving tour and walked around a little. Here are a few pics.
-Tarek and I in front of the Burj Al Arab
-Burj by itself
-Today's amenity
-The city at night
-Some lobsters in the restaurant- they were fighting...if they only knew what lay ahead, maybe they would have made more of an effort to get along....
-Our palette cleanser came on a platform of ice that had coloured lights inside- they changed colour as we ate!
-On a tour of the Royal suite, the concierge told us that Robbie Williams stayed in that room- Kelly and I had to get a picture on his chaise lounge... (I wanted the bed but she was worried about messing it up..)
Tomorrow, Beirut.
xo C
No comments:
Post a Comment