Thursday, July 9, 2009

I'm back..



Sorry for the long break. I got back from the UK last Saturday but the week has been totally nuts since I got home- I haven't even done laundry from the trip yet. It looks like we're opening for sure on Oct 1 so there have been some late evenings at work, but TGI Thursday now and I have no plans tonight so I'm doing some laundry, baking banana bread for tomorrow's brunch and going to see if there's anything good on one of the 5 english tv channels I get.

My trip to the UK was great! I spent a couple of nights in London and got to see Amanda, Kate and Angus (who was a pleasant surprise)- then I took the train to Leeds and spent the rest of the week in Yorkshire with my parents, Aunt and uncle and cousin and his wife who I haven't seen since their wedding 5 years ago! We stayed in an old stone cottage for a few nights in a teeny town called Reeth and did a couple of walks in the dales. Unfortunately it wasn't the respite from the heat I was hoping for- it was 30C or over most days and way more humid than Cairo ever is.
Tomorrow we're doing a short run (8 miles/ 13K) and then having brunch and tomorrow I'm going with a few friends from work for Lebanese food...we have an ulterior motive- chef and I need to find a lebanese chef asap so if he's good we're going to march into the kitchen and make him an offer he can't refuse... okay maybe not, but if you know a good one, let me know!

Here are a few pics from the week. Hope you're all doing well.

xoxo C

No comments: