CH has changed since then- what an amazing and bizarre year I've had... I had forgotten how nervous I was before I left, when I was packing all my stuff and getting ready to leave for the next two years, and how lonely and homesick I felt when I first arrived in Cairo...and I never could have predicted that in the following months I would climb mountains, live in two apartments, live in a hotel for 2.5 months, swim in the Red Sea, dip my feet in the dead sea, travel to Morocco, Tunisia, Lebanon, Syria, Jordan, Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sri Lanka and India, touch an elephant, interview 1000 people in 5 weeks, eat some reallllly weird stuff, make some lifelong friends and get to spend 5 months with my friends and family in Victoria... although some of the times were hard and put me out of my "comfort zone" I wouldn't trade any of these expereinces for anything-- they have made me stronger and taught me so much. I'm not sure what the next year will bring, but I'm ready for it!
Friday, November 28, 2008
Catincairo is one year old!
My first entry was November 27th, 2007- one year ago today! It was funny re-reading some of those first entries- SO MU
CH has changed since then- what an amazing and bizarre year I've had... I had forgotten how nervous I was before I left, when I was packing all my stuff and getting ready to leave for the next two years, and how lonely and homesick I felt when I first arrived in Cairo...and I never could have predicted that in the following months I would climb mountains, live in two apartments, live in a hotel for 2.5 months, swim in the Red Sea, dip my feet in the dead sea, travel to Morocco, Tunisia, Lebanon, Syria, Jordan, Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sri Lanka and India, touch an elephant, interview 1000 people in 5 weeks, eat some reallllly weird stuff, make some lifelong friends and get to spend 5 months with my friends and family in Victoria... although some of the times were hard and put me out of my "comfort zone" I wouldn't trade any of these expereinces for anything-- they have made me stronger and taught me so much. I'm not sure what the next year will bring, but I'm ready for it!
CH has changed since then- what an amazing and bizarre year I've had... I had forgotten how nervous I was before I left, when I was packing all my stuff and getting ready to leave for the next two years, and how lonely and homesick I felt when I first arrived in Cairo...and I never could have predicted that in the following months I would climb mountains, live in two apartments, live in a hotel for 2.5 months, swim in the Red Sea, dip my feet in the dead sea, travel to Morocco, Tunisia, Lebanon, Syria, Jordan, Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sri Lanka and India, touch an elephant, interview 1000 people in 5 weeks, eat some reallllly weird stuff, make some lifelong friends and get to spend 5 months with my friends and family in Victoria... although some of the times were hard and put me out of my "comfort zone" I wouldn't trade any of these expereinces for anything-- they have made me stronger and taught me so much. I'm not sure what the next year will bring, but I'm ready for it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yay Cat! What a cool year it has been for you. I remember when you went to Cairo the first time, and then a little later when you said you were considering a two year position there. It seems both like ages ago and like just yesterday. I'm proud of your courage to go for it. And still envious of all the places that decision has taken you! ;-) XoX Can't wait to finally see you in just over ONE WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wow that cake looks good.
Post a Comment