This weekend was only two days, but I still managed to fit in a few fun things. Since Rachel and Stephanie hadn't ridden a felucca yet I went with them. I also went to a 4 year old's birthday party (her Mum works with me). Next weekend a group of us from the hotel are going to Sharm El Sheikh , Mt. Sinai, which you might remember from such books as "the bible" (....that's where Moses had his little chat with the burning bush!), and St. Catherine's monastery- it's a 5 hr drive, so we're going to take a bus which will be fun- reminiscent of ski trips in high school-- we'll leave after work on Thursday and drive straight to the mountain, climb it in the dark and watch the sun rise- it's supposed to be really amazing. After that we will head to sharm for some sleep and beach time! Here are some pictures from the birthday, as well as a shot so you can see how the hotel is progressing, and some houseboats on the nile. Bye for now! C
Saturday, March 29, 2008
weekend...
This weekend was only two days, but I still managed to fit in a few fun things. Since Rachel and Stephanie hadn't ridden a felucca yet I went with them. I also went to a 4 year old's birthday party (her Mum works with me). Next weekend a group of us from the hotel are going to Sharm El Sheikh , Mt. Sinai, which you might remember from such books as "the bible" (....that's where Moses had his little chat with the burning bush!), and St. Catherine's monastery- it's a 5 hr drive, so we're going to take a bus which will be fun- reminiscent of ski trips in high school-- we'll leave after work on Thursday and drive straight to the mountain, climb it in the dark and watch the sun rise- it's supposed to be really amazing. After that we will head to sharm for some sleep and beach time! Here are some pictures from the birthday, as well as a shot so you can see how the hotel is progressing, and some houseboats on the nile. Bye for now! C
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You're going to Sharm! I'm jealous!! I hope you have a wonderful time :)
Post a Comment